IT'S FOAL SHOW TIME IN NEW ZEALAND

The Auckland weather can't seem to make its mind up at the moment. It seems to turn from chilly and overcast, to rainy to warm and sunny all in the space of one day! I've had to take my Irish Draught filly's cover off as she's too warm. Which inevitablly means the temperature will plummet and the heavens will open. Ha!

Despite the unpredictable weather, some brave souls have been out showing.... and yes, I'm jealous. I want it to be next season already!

I hear there was a good turnout at the Canterbury Foal Show. You can read full results here. It was great to see Tracy Crossan (breeder of my filly) doing well with her new colt, Thornfield Richie Mac Finn. He took out the Hunter Type Foal to Mature Over 158cm and Irish Hunter Foal classes. Well done Tracy! You can see photos of Mac Finn and the other Irish foals that competed at the Irish Horse NZ Facebook Page.

Supreme Champion was the Hewson Family's 'Weston Park Tekapo.'

There looked to be some top quality babies at the North Islands All Breeds Foal Show as well. Champion was the sensational palomino derivative 'Graemar Showtime' (bred and owned by the breeder of another of my girls!) and reserve was Regent Park Gossip Girl.

The next show that I know of is the Nelson Youngstock Show on 30th May. Entries are being accepted until the 21st May so get in quick if you want to take your youngster over for an outing. Schedules and entry forms can be obtained by emailing Ryan Teece on at b.v.ponies@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment