FANCY SOMETHING A BIT DIFFERENT? LEARN TO PLAY POLO!


Polo had never really been on my radar until, in March 2007, I was asked to organise an event for a property developer at the FIP Polo World Cup down in Clevedon, South Auckland. I didn't understand the rules of the game entirely but it was fun and very exciting to watch!

I never considered learning how to play but have just noticed that the Auckland Polo Club actually offers lessons. You don't even have to bring your own horse as they have plenty available.

For individuals just starting out they instruct on: riding polo style, control of the pony, polo swing and the basic rules of the game. Each lesson costs $80 per hour.

I don't know....I think it could be a refreshing change from showing. Maybe I'll give it a go!

Click here for more details on the Auckland Polo School. There is also a popular Polo School down near Christchurch.

No comments:

Post a Comment